In the recent years I’ve come to really appreciate good seasonings. I did use to think salt was salt, seasoning salt was seasoning salt, bullion was bullion. HECK NO. These things can and do make a huge difference in the outcome of your dishes. If you don’t believe me buy a handful of salts (we did this at home, with my kids!) and taste test them! Dip a tiny bit of your finger in to a salt and taste each one plain. You will totally tell the difference. Redmonds Real Salt won the salt taste test hands down! We love this stuff. I have all the links for amazon right here. If you are in the US mountain west you can find it at a ton of stores!
How to make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Pulling out the pulp has got to be the least fun job right? Honestly the little plastic spoons you find in the store isles are the best tools for the job! They have little serrated edges that clean it right up. Separating the seeds is pretty easy. Rinse off your seeds and let them dry.
To start- separate seeds from pulp.
- 1 1/2 cups washed and dried pumpkin seeds
- 2 T melted butter tossed with pumpkin seeds
- spread on baking sheet in single layer and spray with cooking spray
- sprinkle with sea salt and your favorite seasoning salts
- bake 350 for 15 minutes until golden brown
- let cool, and eat!
- seeds will keep in an air tight container for 1 week.