Several years ago I stumbled upon this broccoli recipe. I myself love broccoli, so I was eager to try it – and I was not disappointed. I shared the recipe with my friend, Amy, who also adored it. Just recently she told me that she now NEVER prepares broccoli any other way because her kids love it roasted like this. If you don’t like broccoli – try it prepared this way and I’m convinced you will be a broccoli convert! This dish is so tasty, and is a great compliment to any meal.
Making Roasted Broccoli
Preparing roasted broccoli is really a cinch. In a saute pan, melt some butter and add in a few seasonings like cumin and ground red pepper. Toss one head of broccoli, cut into florets, with the melted butter mixture and transfer to a baking sheet. Pop the seasoned veggies in the oven for about 15 minutes and you have the most delicious green side dish!
This side goes well with fish, chicken, beef, and pork! I’ve made this recipe more times than I can count, because it is so easy, fresh, and simple – with big flavor. Today I paired it with lemon lime chicken and a little brown rice. This meal is so healthy and filling, with the veggie as the super star.
I’ve linked a few of my favorite items from this post. I especially love this wooden spoon that my sister gave me for Christmas – makes me chuckle each time I use it. The spoon reads “If at first you don’t succeed, order pizza”.
Roasted Broccoli with Cumin and Red Pepper
- 1 head of Broccoli, chopped
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Add Salt, Cumin, Red Pepper and Sugar; cook 30 seconds.
- Toss butter mixture with the broccoli in a large bowl.
- Place broccoli on the prepared baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes, stirring occassionally, until tender ad lightly browned