Well hi there summer. I love your food. Seriously. I love summer food. There is nothing better than eating tons of fresh produce on a warm summer evening. I recently moved to the pacific north west and I am literally in love with all the local farm grown produce we have here. I couldn’t help but toss together a tasty salad to go along with our grilled shrimp the other night. It turned out so fresh and crisp with lots of bite – so I knew I had to share here.
The inspiration for this salad was these fresh, beautiful radishes. I know, I know – many turn their nose up at radishes…but I am going to share a little trick that will convert you. I slice mine as thin as possible using a sharp knife – that way the flavor doesn’t overpower your bite. Instead you get a nice spicy tang in your salad rather than a big mouthful of radish.
I added kidney beans, chickpeas, avocado, and feta to my red leaf lettuce and radish for the perfect combo of crisp and creamy. This salad does not disappoint!
Shop The Post:
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- red wine vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl toss all ingredients together. Serve with red wine vinaigrette.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bow. Serve immediately.