So I like pumpkin rolls, alot. Every fall I make oodles of them. Wrap them up and store them in the fridge, cut a slice or two for guests. Maybe a quick after school snack for the kids. They are awesome. Best part they are pretty simple to make. Pumpkin rolls make great gifts for the holiday’s or as a dessert for a party!
The Simple Pumpkin Roll
They are pretty simple to make as well, just mix up the batter and pour into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake! Then invert onto a tea towel dusted with powder sugar. Slowly peel off the parchement paper and you have your stellar cake ready to frost. My favorite part of the roll is the filling. Cream cheese frosting rocks my world. Seriously one of my favorite flavors in the world. Spread that amazing cream cheese blanket over the cake.
Then roll on up. It won’t be perfectly round at the beginning and might slightly crack, but don’t fret. It gets smoother and more round towards the end. You can go ahead and wrap it up in the same tea towel you originally use. Take that a pop it in the fridge if waiting to serve for a few hours. Or if you want ready sooner, stick it in the freezer and it should be formed and more stiff with in about 30 mins. I like mine a little stiffer, it’s easier to cut and hold the shape better.
Slice up and serve. You can always sift a little more powder sugar over the roll for presentation. Or just dig in. It’s epic.
- 3 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 2/3 C pumpkin
- 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C powder sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Sift flour, seasoning, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add eggs and pumpkin. Mix until combined.
- Pour and smooth evenly into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degs for 12 mins.
- Cool and sprinkle a light layer of powder sugar over. Invert on to clean tea towel.
- Spread cream cheese filling evenly over inverted cake. Gently roll cake.
- Place on large platter and sprinkle with powder sugar.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- With butter and cream cheese at room temp, beat all ingredients till creamy and smooth.