Today I have another recipe that is near and dear to my heart – pumpkin bread. Years ago I belonged to a crafting group and my dear friend gave me a loaf of this bread. I may or may not have eaten the entire loaf myself. I sheepishly asked for the recipe and she graciously agreed. There is nothing better than a moist quick bread in my book.
That beautiful loaf pan is by Fiesta. I am in love with their dinnerware – particularly the baking items. There is something special about using a beautiful dish to create your recipe that makes it extra enjoyable. I had to stare at the contrast of the orange bread against the lapis loaf pan for a few minutes because it was so aesthetically pleasing to me. The adorable appetizer plates are also by Fiesta – can you tell we are big fans around here? Be sure to check out our guest post over on their blog for another delicious pumpkin bread variety.
I think I mentioned that I accidentally ate a whole loaf of this stuff…so thank goodness this recipe makes 2 loaves! One for you and one for a neighbor – or one for today and one for tomorrow. Either way. ;)
So cozy up during these crisp months and bake yourself some pumpkin bread! Your tummy will thank you.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a hand or stand mixer, mix 3 cups sugar, oil, pumpkin and 4 eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder, baking soda nutmeg, all spice, cloves, cinnamon, 3 ½ cups flour, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray two 9 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray. Add 1/2 of the batter to each loaf pan
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.