My husband and I are obsessed with the movie Nacho Libre. The first Halloween our son could walk, I made a Nacho costume for him, and it was awesome. We quote it all the time and giggle without fail.
We also happen to love nachos. Give us all the nachos.
We also love pulled pork, so I added smokey pulled pork and it made my nacho life complete.
Make a little chipotle lime créma and this is perfect for your Superbowl party, finger-licking good!
You gotta have freshly-grated cheddar cheese and the melty queso blanco. These are NACHOS.
And coke in a bottle. “Eeees the beeeest. Iloveit.”
Those little pork ends get all nice and crispy, it’s like carnitas without even trying.
Don’t you want a little taste of the glory? See what it tastes like?
- bone-in pork shoulder/butt roast
- chipotle powder
- Mexican oregano
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 2 T liquid smoke
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/8-1/4 t chipotle powder
- 1/8 t salt
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/8 c milk
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, sliced
- 1 c asadero cheese, cubed
- 1/8 c milk
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocaods, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Season pork with chipotle powder, Mexican oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Place in crockpot, fill crockpot with broth until half of pork is submerged, and cook on low 8 hours, flipping halfway through. Shred before last hour of cooking and add liquid smoke. Reserve 1 1/2-2 c pulled pork for nachos.
- Heat oven to low broil.
- Prepare créma by mixing sour cream with chipotle powder, salt, lime zest and juice. Pour in plastic baggie and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Mix can of refried beans with milk, salt and garlic powder.
- Line jelly roll pan with foil or parchment paper. Lay chips in single layer across pan, then dollop refried beans over chips, then shredded cheese, 1 1/2-2 c pulled pork, and jalapeño slices. Broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Prepare queso blanco by placing cubed asadero cheese, salt, and milk in glass bowl, microwave in 1-minute intervals, stirring between until cheese is melted. Drizzle over nachos.
- Sprinkle nachos with tomatoes, avocados, and green onions. Drizzle with chipotle lime créma. Serve immediately.
PRESSURE COOKER: Cook pork as directed above, except using pressure cooker. If pork is not frozen, brown all sides of pork in open, heated pot with lid off before adding liquid. Once browned (or if frozen), add 1 c liquid and liquid smoke to pot, cover with lid, cook on meat setting 2 hours if frozen or 1 hour if thawed. Do a natural release, check meat, and if it shreds easily, it is done. Larger cuts of meat might need additional time. Continue to make nachos as instructed.