If you want a simple, quick and tasty dinner.. I’ve got on for you right here. So this is a slow-cooker recipe that uses pork roast. My favorite kind of roast to be honest. I buy the four-pack at Costco and freeze what I don’t need right away. Cooking one roast will usually fix up enough for my family of 5 with some left overs. And this recipe was no exception. This recipe was originally submitted to Oh So by one of our friends Stephanie Whipple. (Thanks Steph!) And we fell in love with the simple and tangy juicy nature of this roast.
Seriously so easy.. give the roast a little seasoning rub down and add in your canned pineapple (juices and all) and a handful of craisins. Cook in a slow-cooker for 6-8 hours on low and watch the meat just fall apart. I tried to slice the roast but it was so tender it mostly just shredded. So slice/shredded the meat and toss with the juicy pineapple. I served with some brown rice and a few green onions to garnish. They added a nice savory balance to the flavors. Takes literally five minutes to throw the roast together. Just have to wait a few hours to cook and dinner is served. Meals that cook themselves are well respected in my book ;)
- 1.5 lbs (or so) Pork roast
- 2Tbsp seasoning salt
- 1Tbsp black pepper
- 1 can pineapple tidbits or chunks undrained
- Hand full of craisins
- Combine seasoning salt and black pepper and rub over roast, place in crockpot.
- (I also sprinkled a little extra on top after I placed it in the crock pot.)
- Dump can of pineapple (including juice) over roast and sprinkle craisins on top.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Shred and serve with rice.