I am a strong believer of the tacos and the salsas. There cannot be too many tacos or salsas ever, in my life. I mean seriously. Fresh, healthy, lean, sat-is-fy-ing.
A couple of weeks ago I went to one of my favorite restaurants here in California called The Yard House. I ordered a few tacos al a cart 1. of them being a steak. 2. a carnita with pineapple salsa. Have mercy it was good. Ever since then I have been itching to make them at home. So finally, one long sunny hot sunday afternoon I decided to let the pork roast, and chopped up all the beautiful fruits.
Chopping is like therapy to me. But it has to be with a big ol’ Chef’s knife. Don’t give me any of those teeny tiny slicing guys. Those only frustrate the living tar out of me. Chef’s knife, cutting board, lotsa food = a very happy me.
For these recipes the only thing that I can or would warn you about is :
2. Make your salsa with fresh pineapple, not canned.
Pick up yer’self your favorite homemade tortillas. Maybe make some mexi rice to go with it!
- 1/2 of a fresh pineapple,diced. (about 2+ cups.)
- 1/2 of a small red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a jalapeño (seeded and stemmed)
- 1 mango
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/2 of a small purple onion
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Chop and dice all ingredients (you can use your food processor or blender, depending on how crunchy/minced you like your salsa)
- Combine together, let sit at room temperature for a few hours so the flavors can merry.
- add more salt if needed