Oriental Cabbage salad is a favorite around our house. I personally love the crunch of the cabbage and the sweet tangy dressing. This is one of my classic go-to salads for barbecues or parties- it is such a crowd pleaser. I always get asked for the recipe, so here it is! I feel like this salad has been around the block a few times, most of my friends have had it and have a variation of the salad they love. Some add chicken (which I love), some add in more veggies like shredded carrots. There are a million ways to make this salad your own.
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 packages beef Ramen Noodles
- 1 C chopped green onions
- 1/2 C sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1/2 C Sesame Seed oil (or olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C rice vinegar
- Crush ramen noodles and brown in butter with the almonds and green onions. Add in the beef seasoning packages at the end and stir to combine.
- Thinly shredded your cabbage. (A short cut is to by a bag of shredded cabbage)
- Toss salad dressing, cabbage and noodle mixture together. Serve!