Years ago at a camping trip family reunion my aunt taught us how to make these omelets in a bag. Sounds weird. But trust me – they are amazing. We were all so so skeptical and stood around the big pot of boiling water while our omelets cooked. To our surprise we each slid a restaurant perfect omelet onto our paper plates.
All you need are a few eggs, a few tablespoons of milk or water, add ins of your choice, a gallon sized freezer bag, and a pot of boiling water.
Place your eggs and milk in the bag and seal. Squish. Shake. Play catch with it. Juggle with it. Have fun until your eggs are scrambled. This is such a fun meal to make with kids. It is really hands on, and easy, with foolproof results – so they’ll love it. Heck – my husband loves it and makes these at least once a week.
Next – toss in the add ins of your choice. Ham, cheese, peppers, onions, cilantro, avocado, bacon, feta, spinach…whatever your heart desires throw on in. Squish it around a little more so the add-ins are distributed evenly.
Then – throw it into a pot of boiling water. You can do about 5 bags at a time, just make sure the edges of the bags don’t hang over the edge of the pot.
This Beautiful pot is part of a new cookware collection for Zwilling JA Henckels. I have come to know and love Henckles. Their knives are unbeatable. I may have had a hand full of bandaids after I bought my set of knives. They are so much sharper than the cheap ones I was used to. So knowing the quality of their knives I knew their cookware would be professional grade, and beautiful!
Boil for 13 minutes and then slide your omelet out of the bag and on to a plate. No grease, no messy pan, no flipping, just a beautiful omelet. Top with your desired garnishes and devour.
Cookware is an absolute essential in the kitchen and the Zwilling Motion Cookware set is any cooks dream! It is a heavy gage non stick design for optimal cooking. We are thrilled, and a little jealous, to be giving away this gorgeous set to one of our lucky readers. Scroll to the bottom of this post for our easy entry form. And stay tuned for a few more recipes this week that we’ve cooked up with the new Zwilling Motion Cookware.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Add Ins of your choice
- ham, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, spinach, cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, asparagus.
- Avocado, Salsa, Sour Cream, Hot Sauce, Cilantro, Parsley, shredded cheese.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- While the water is boiling combine eggs, milk, and salt and pepper in a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Seal bag and squish and shake the bag until eggs are "scrambled".
- Add in desired Add Ins and seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Squish the bag a bit more so that all of the Add Ins are evenly distributed.
- Place sealed bag into boiling water and boil for 13 minutes. You can place 4-5 bag into the pot at once, just make sure that the bags don't drape over the edge of the pot.
- When done, open bag and slide your perfect omelet onto a plate.
- Top with desired toppings.
ZWILLING JA HENCKLES Motion Cookware Set