These Mock Cranberry Mimosas were fun, and so beautiful. I couldn’t help but go a little picture crazy. Mock Cranberry Mimosas are perfect for families, for brunch, for parties, for kids at any meal who want to feel fancy like the adults. They have a wonderful fizzy flavor tied with a fancy feeling. It’s perfect for Dads or loved ones to make for their mothers on Mother’s Day. Mostly because it’s crazy easy while giving a faux appearance of difficulty. They just look so gourmet!
I would say the trickiest thing about these is to make sure to chill all the ingredients. Buy them ahead of time and set a reminder on your phone to put them in the fridge before you go to bed. It’s kinda crazy that THAT’s the hardest thing you’ll have to do for these drinks.
Here are the easy ingredients:
- cran-apple sparkling juice
- orange juice
- small oranges for garnish
- *cranberry juice only IF you are having difficulty finding cran-apple sparkling juice–then you can get regular sparkling apple (or white grape) and mix with proportions in recipe card below*
Depending on the juices that you decide to buy this drink, while being really sweet, it’s 100% juice! No added refined sugar, just natural sugars from nature :) So you don’t walk away with any tummy ache and sugar-guilt. It’s also full of vitamins- just what the kids need!
We love making blueberry muffins (honestly, they’re usually from a box and my kids make them, but if you want some from scratch try these sweet Bran Muffins, or these Coffee Cake Muffins), fresh fruit and some kind of egg dish. This Farmer’s Market Casserole is a favorite! And so is this Egg Souffle. Whatever your favorite breakfast is, these will pair perfectly.
If you are looking for a gift idea for your mother, this house dress from MilkMaid Goods is wonderful. It is soft, lightweight and I love it for wearing around the house. Some other favorites are these Made By Mary bracelets, Be Bona fide Mood Bracelet and Rivi.co Letterboards.
- 1 bottle chilled cran-apple sparkling cider* OR apple or white grape sparkling cider
- 1 bottle chilled *cranberry juice
- 1 bottle chilled fresh orange juice
- orange slices for garnish
- Chill all drinks until very cold before serving.
- In drink cups, fill 1 part (1/2 of the glass) sparkling cran-apple juice and 1 part (1/2 of the glass) fresh orange juice.
- *if you are unable to find cran-apple sparkling juice, do 1/4 of glass cranberry juice, 1/4 orange juice and 1/2 sparkling apple or white grape juice.
- Serve immediately