all photography by Taylor Cole Photography
Yesterday we featured some amazing products from JJ Cole to show our readers how great their products are for anyone while out and about. My family went and hiked down Crystal Cove Beach Trail. It was a beautiful warm night. I knew we would be hiking so I really wanted to keep our picnic small, but filling. Compact but enough variety to satisfy our needs. I made one large mason jar meal for my husband and I, one large mason jar meal for my kids to share, and one large mason jar full of fresh salsa. The camber bag fit everything it except for the drinks. oh, and also the fruit parfaits were in small half pint jars, stored securely in a bottle cooler bag.
I decided to make this Healthy bow-tie pasta, it has seriously been a favorite for me lately. I really get craving the healthy bow-tie pasta wicked bad. I figured it would be great for this dinner because it has pasta to help fill you up and keep away your hunger, spinach, feta, tomatoes to keep things healthy and create a mega amazing flavor.
To make this meal-
1.loosely layer a little over half the jar with mini farfelle (bow-tie) pasta noodles,
2. add a small handful of chopped spinach, diced tomatoes, cheese and then half an avocado diced.
3. I poured the salad dressing over but waited till we got to the beach and shook the bottle to mix all the ingredients.
Every kid loves mac n cheese right? ok maybe not every kid. My kids like just noodles and cheese melted, and really love ham. So I
1. I used these same mini farfelle noodles with the same salad as above then tossed them in a little butter and garlic salt.
I made this Villa Villa Salsa a day a head of time. Day old salsa is really the best by the way.
kids + soda= happiness. especially kids and fancy soda <3
Lastly dessert- Mason jar fruit parfaits! They were the hit. Mason jar fruit parfaits are such kid friendly healthy snack or side to a meal. I think I want to start throwing them in their school lunches. And I have started just making a few and keeping them in the fridge. On these hot summer days it provides a nice cool snack for them and they can top it with granola if they are in the mood.
a HUGE thanks to Taylor Cole Photography for shooting this post. And also to JJCole for amazing product. All opinions are solely Oh So Delicioso’s.
This is my all time fav pic of the night :)
- 1 large container of vanilla yogurt or your favorite flavor (I used peach)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup granola
- 4-6 half pint mason jars
- Wash and prepare berries.
- Quarter the strawberries
- Layer inside mason jars by starting with the yogurt then berries continue alternating.
- (if you are going to serve immediately you can add granola into those layers, if not than only top at the end)
- Top with a couple of tablespoons of granola right before serving.