Guys – we are going strong on this buddha-bowl week! What has been your favorite so far? The Mexi-Quinoa Bowl? The Chimichurri Chicken Bowl? Or how about the Spicy Chicken Burrito Bowl? I really can’t even decide. They are all so mouthwatering. We hope we’ve inspired you to treat yourself well and feed yourself a delicious and healthy lunch. Buddha-Bowl week isn’t over yet! Today I wanted to share this easy peasy idea.
Buddha-Bowls for an Easy Lunch
I’ve really loved eating meatballs for lunch for a long time. An old favorite was spaghetti squash with meatballs. Des has the best recipe for homemade meatballs, but if you must, you can use store-bought meatballs to throw this recipe together.
I wanted to keep things really simple for a fuss free lunch – so I just added some brown rice, broccoli, and some store-bought marinara sauce. This bowl is perfection. It was so satisfying and kept me full until dinner time. I love that it has the feeling of a comforting Italian dinner, but with clean and healthy ingredients. I hope your lunches are so much more exciting after this week. Please let us know if you try any of our bowl recipes!
I’ve included a few of my favorites from today’s post – if you like anything you see, check them out below:
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- prepared meatballs (either frozen or use recipe in post)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 24 ounces store-bought marinara sauce
- parmesan cheese
- Divide between 4 bowls - layer brown rice, meatballs, and broccoli.
- Drizzle with marinara sauce, and top with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Can be frozen up to a month of refrigerated for 4 days.