This past March, Des and I were able to attend Expo West in Anaheim, CA. We met up with so many amazing brands and had a fabulous time learning about new products and companies. While we were there, we sampled the most delicious gluten free crackers. They are called Crunchmaster. They are full of whole grains and seeds, and are free of GMOs, and gluten.
On Self Care
About 6 months ago my 3 year old son was diagnosed with leukemia. It’s been the most trying time of my life, and needless to say I have not treated my body with very much love. I’ve put on a few pounds, I’m sleep deprived, and I’ve struggled with balancing my emotions. I really want to focus on making some positive changes not only for myself, but so I can really take care of my family. One of the changes I am trying to make is to reduce gluten in my diet, so Crunchmaster is the perfect fit.
I knew that Crunchmaster was going to be my bff in this journey. While I was whipping up these seven layer dip cups I decided to use the sea salt crackers instead of the standard tortilla chip and I never missed them. This party-friendly dip is completely gluten free and vegetarian, making it a friendly option for everyone on your guest lisI recently served these individual cups at a pool party and they were a huge hit! The guests loved that they each got their own cup of dip that they could carry around, and they loved not sharing!!! Let’s face it, even adults have trouble sharing some times!
For a few healthy swaps use greek yogurt instead of sour cream, low fat refried beans, and homemade fresh salsa. If you want to go a step further, whip up an easy homemade taco seasoning instead of the packaged kind.
Crunchmaster provided me with product and compensation in exchange for this review. I have written my honest opinion about how much I enjoy the product.
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 15 ounce can low fat refried beans
- 2 cups salsa (your favorite store bought or fresh salsa|http://ohsodelicioso.com/villa-villa-salsa-salsa/|)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8 ounce can sliced olives
- cilantro for garnish
- In a medium bowl combine first 9 ingredients and stir until combined.
- In a 12 ounce glass layer 1/5 of the refried beans, 1/5 of the greek yogurt mixture, 1/5 of the salsa, 1/5 of the cheese, 1/5 of the avocado, 1/5 of the tomatoes, 1/5 of the olives, and garnish with cilantro.
- Repeat for remaining 4 cups.