Twice baked potatoes are so AWESOME. I love the variety of things we can do for potatoes, so when you are getting tired or the regular ol’ mashed potatoes and gravy give these a try. They can really go with any other side, or salad or meat you have planned. they are such a hit with all types of people- they can be gluten free, vegetarian, men love them, women love them. KIDS devour them. Seriously people. why wouldn’t you? plus- they are one of those things where a little goes a long way..
I’ll admit baked potatoes can kind of be high maintenance… but I like them for these following reasons
1. They are easy, (even though they take a while) and very hard to screw up
2. Fancy enough for guests (and hard to screw up so you’ll have confidence in your meal)
3. VERY yummy leftovers (so I always make extras.)
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 1 cup of real bacon bits, or bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 11/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- a few green onions sliced
- Wash Potatoes.
- Rub your potatoes with a little olive oil and course sea salt.
- Bake for 1 hour (or till fork tender) at 400 degrees
- If your cooking bacon, do it now. crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow to cool a little.
- Slice in half lengthwise and scoop into large bowl. Save skins.
- In a large bowl add butter.pile on hot potatoes.with 1/4 cup milk, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Half the cheese, half the bacon, half the onions- MIX.
- It the texture is too thick still add remaining milk.
- Mix until well blended and creamy. Spoon mixture into skins.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.