Pasta Salad whips up fast, and simple. The ingredients are flexible- if tomatoes are not well loved in your family throw them out, replace it with a little grilled zucchini. Pasta salad is so versatile! It’s even on you can prepare it a day ahead. Make sure to stir before serving, so the dressing isn’t on the bottom. The vinaigrette really makes or breaks the salad so be sure to follow our tips!
Then add cooked and cooled tri-colored pasta.
Pasta Salad Vinaigrette Tips
Now for the dressing! We have two favorites we love to switch between, but even more important is HOW you make them.
- homemade italian dressing. (by homemade I mean, get the packet and follow the directions. It’s SO much better than the bottled.
- Or have you ever tried Raspberry Vinaigrette!!?? IT”S SO GOOD. Choose a good brand when picking this out at the store.
Use these tools for tons of time saving chopping!
- Tri-color pasta
- 2 or 3 tomatoes
- Mini carrots or shredded carrots
- 1 can of Pinto beans
- Mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste
- olives and chicken
- italian dressing (homemade or store bought) or raspberry Vinaigrette
- Cook pasta until tender, dice tomatoes cucumbers, carrots and mozzarella. If using frozen broccoli thaw and press water out.
- Drain and rinse pinto beans.
- You can add sliced olives and chicken if desired.
- Mix everything together pour dressing on top.