We call it Hug Hess pasta salad because we totally stole the idea from this great little place in Ogden, Ut! Such a simple and refreshing salad.
I like it best the second day–you may wish to prepare it a day ahead. Make sure to stir before serving, so the dressing isn’t all on the bottom. The vinaigrette really makes or breaks the salad so be sure to pick a good one!
- Tri-color pasta
- 2 or 3 tomatoes
- Mini carrots or shredded carrots
- 1 can of Pinto beans
- Mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste
- olives and chicken
- Cook pasta until tender, dice tomatoes cucumbers, carrots and mozzarella. If using frozen broccoli thaw and press water out.
- Drain and rinse pinto beans.
- You can add sliced olives and chicken if desired.
- Mix everything together pour a bottle of western family Raspberry Vinaigrette on top. You may add a little sugar to sweeten it up.