I thought I would share a few tips on boiling a great hard boiled egg. Especially since Easter is a comin and egg dying is in full swing!! We absolutely love this tradition at our home, but nothing is more of a bummer than having cracks in your eggs.
- 6 Eggs at room temp.
- Take a clean needle and poke a tiny little hole in the top of the eggs. This allows the air to escape from the inside of the egg and the egg to expand with out cracking the egg.
- Lay your eggs in a pot and fill just above the eggs with water.
- Bring water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, turn off heat and cover with lid.
- Allow to stand covered for 14 minutes.
- Drain water and you have some nicely cooked hard boiled eggs! Cool before trying to peel.