Apple pie is one of those pies that even pie haters love. Its always good to have a nice, classic (but amazing) apple pie recipe in your recipe box. This is one I have been making for years. It’s my kids favorite kind of pie. WELL scratch that, they really like chocolate pie. I’d say apple and chocolate pie tie in the running for very favorite pie.
The ingredients are for one pie, and same with the instructions in the recipe card. But if you have mini pie plates, or mini pie liners like I have pictured below feel free to divid the ingredients.
First you need a Pie Crust. Making pie crust is ridiculously easy, and only takes a few ingredients. Try making your own sometime, we have the perfect recipe here.. Having that flakey homemade pie crust is such a treat.
Start by getting your pie crust all laid out and ready to drop thems apples into it. Thinly Slice you apples, and toss with the dry ingredients.
Add A dollop of buttah on them.
Top, and bake!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 med to large apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 egg white
- Additional sugar
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and spices; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture;toss well to coat.
- Line a 9-in. pie pan with half the pastry. Place apple filling into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut a few slits in top. beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes. Increase temperature to 400 degrees F and bake 10-15 minutes more or until golden.