Each Valentine’s Day my husband and I skip the restaurant scene and eat in. We always make something a little extra special and toast with a glass of Martinellis.
We love seafood, and I love that it is a fast healthy meal! This honey lime glazed salmon will be the perfect addition to your Valentine’s night in. Or for a fast weeknight meal.
The glaze is a simple honey, soy sauce, lime combo that you can whip up in minutes. You’ll have dinner on the table is under 35 minutes.
Serve with a side salad and honey glazed carrots, cut in the shape of heart perhaps? and you’ll have a well balanced gourmet meal that will be better than any take out or crowded restaurant meal.
Not a salmon lover? Trust me on this one – even my 1 year old gobbled this down. This sweet sticky glaze is perfect of your tastebuds.
What’s your valentine’s tradition? I hope you’ll stay in with this easy salmon dish this year.
- 2 salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, mined
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Season your salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dust the from and back of each filet with flour.
- In a skillet that has been sprayed with olive oil non stick spray, over medium high heat sear each side of the filets for about 1 minute.
- Transfer filets to a foil lined baking dish and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until flakey and opaque.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, soy sauce, zest, lime juice, garlic, and corn starch in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling and whisk for 1 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit at room temp.
- When salmon is finished distribute honey glaze between each filet and serve over rice.