I grew up eating this bread with a big bowl of my mom’s spaghetti and homemade spaghetti sauce (with diced carrots…delish). I posted a picture one day of my dinner on instagram for one of those photo-a-day challenges, pointing out the Green Chili Cheese Bread. Aubrey of course had to know what this bread was all about! It is soooooo good. That’s what it’s about.
It’s not going to be included on any Whole30-approved sites any time soon, but sometimes you just need some cheesy, delicious french bread with your dinner, right? I especially love to serve this with my Salsa Verde Chicken and Kale Soup.
This crusty, bubbly, cheesy green chili bread pairs well with a lot of soups or Latin-themed salads.
Such a tasty alternative to garlic bread! And it comes together in about 5 minutes. Thank you Momma Moon!
Green Chili Cheese Bread
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/3 c mayonnaise
- 5 1/3 T softened butter
- 1 c monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix mayonnaise, butter, cheese, and chilies.
- Split french bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread mixture on both halves of bread.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Change oven to broil, broil until cheese melted and bubbly.