I just harvested my first zucchini of the season, and didn’t waste any time turning it into my favorite fried snack. This recipe is easy to customize however you like it, spicy, garlicky, but this is a good foundation for you to build upon. Light crispy battered zucchini.
After slicing the zucchini all you do is dip it in egg, then a batter with a mixture of dry ingredients.
Fry it on medium-high heat (so it has a little time to cook the squash without burning the crisping batter) and our family favorite is to serve it up on and dip it in ranch!
- 1 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. (enter your favorite spice here) optional
- Cooking oil
- Cut your zucchini into slices.
- Beat eggs well in bowl.
- Mix flour, cheese and spices in separate bowl.
- Poor oil into a frying pan about an inch deep and heat over medium.
- Dip both sides of you zucchini slices in the eggs and then in the flour mixture.
- Place the coated zucchini into hot oil and fry a few minutes on both sides.
- Remove the fried zucchini from the pan and let it drain and cool on a paper towel.
- Devour with ranch dressing, or just eat them plain.
- Repeat often!