Flatbread Pizza is one of my very favorite meals to order at a restaurant. I love the flavor infusions of herbs, sauces, spices on a light crispy crust. Usually the only time I order flatbread pizza is when I’m out with my girlfriends, so I wanted to make this, from scratch, at home for my family! I knew my kids would love it.
One of my favorite and most used recipes is this Pizza Dough recipe. It’s so simple, very fast and no-fail. Seriously friends, it will change your weeknight game. You’ll be making homemade pizza once a week with this dough.
I start by making my dough, then dividing it into 4 even balls. This dough recipe is a no-rise recipe which also means no wait. you can pull it right out of the mixing bowl and start dividing.
Roll the balls VERY thin, and brush a layer of oil/itialian seasonings over the dough. You can choose to bake or grill the dough. It only takes a few minutes either way!
Add your toppings and pop in the oven to melt and heat the toppings through and eat immediately….but really is there any chance of waiting?
Some of my favorite toppings are 1. pesto, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil. 2. BBQ chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, mozzarella cheese, and fresh cilantro. or lastly, 3. a chicken ranch. With a creamy ranch base, cheese, grilled chicken, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro as toppings.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Teas salt
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 2+ cups flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2+ TBS garlic Italian seasonings
- Toppings of your choice.
- fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, a sauce, dressing, pesto or BBQ sauce, herbs like basil or cilantro, grilled chicken, sausage or bacon etc
- Combine 1.5 cups of flour and remaining ingredients, putting yeast in LAST.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended and sticky.
- Slowly adding flour until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the side of the mixer.
- Divide dough into 4 equal balls
- Four a surface and roll out dough till very very thin.
- In a small separate bowl combine Italian seasonings and oil. brush on both sides of dough.
- Place on parchment paper or foil (I can fit 2 flat breads on one jelly roll)
- Bake at 425 for 5-9 minutes (+ or - depending on crust size and thickness) or grill for 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from oven, add toppings and return to oven for a few more minutes until toppings are melted and heated through.