I am not a pasta/bread person. Since I was a child I have never been one to beg for a deep bowl of pasta, or homemade bread. I know, I know….I get that reaction from a lot of people. Surprise, astonishment, you’re nuts! The Fettuccine Alfredo how ever I LOVE, and so does my whole family.
It’s not a complicated fettuccine alfredo recipe, just a simple smooth creamy buttery pasta. You can add all sorts of herbs to your desire, dress it up with some grilled chicken. Or just serve as is with a slice of garlic bread and fresh steamed veggies.
A few years ago I went to an dinner activity with about 30 youth and 10 adults. It was an elegant night with the kids dressed up in formal attire and we served them this beautiful dinner. After dinner there were great motivational speakers and the kids had the best time. They left with full bellies and hearts.
Why it’s the perfect alfredo recipe
My family loves this fettuccine alfredo recipe. We have nick named it “white mac n cheese.” It seriously can be done in like 10 minutes. Gourmet, homemade pasta in 10 minutes– what? try it. you won’t go back to the jar sauce again. bleh. The best part is YOU know all the ingredients going to this dish. Even though it uses cream and butter- those are good healthy fats-especially for children! There is not so much of the extra sodium and preservatives from jarred pasta sauces.
The 2 secret ingredients!!
- Whole, fresh ground nutmeg. (I use a tiny cheese grater to grind it)
- fresh squeezed lemon!
Love the items in this post? I REALLY do. Here are a few links for you to find what I used.
- I am a big time fan of Fiesta Dinnerware! The reason why is because it doe NOT chip. So many times I have bought expensive dinnerware and it chips even almost immediately. you have to check out these dishes.
- Gold Silverware from World Market is my favorite. I especially love the two toned butter knives.
- Micro Grater for the Nutmeg
- 8 oz dried fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 TBS fresh chopped parsley
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg (THIS IS A MUST....the secret ingredient!!)
- 1. Cook Fettuccine according to directions, drain and set aside in serving bowl.
- 2. While noodles are cooking, in a saucepan combine butter and whipping cream,cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- 3. Add cheese and remaining ingredients
- 4. Pour sauce over hot fettuccine and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- serves about 6 people