Pizza is a universal love language. I feel like it should be added as the 6th love language in that book, right along with quality time and touch. Ooh-la-la!
Coinciding with good pizza, I love ALL good food! Including food that my family and I may have to eat during any time of hardship–a natural disaster, financial hardship, whatever it be, I like to be prepared, and like knowing I’m prepared with GOOD food and not just oreos. And goldfish crackers.
I contacted Thrive Life because I’d heard such good things about their freeze-dried foods! A friend of mine went to a dinner party where her friend cooked an entire meal only using staples from Thrive’s freeze-dried products. She said it was delicious! So intrigued! Turns out they have all sorts of vegetables (peas, bell peppers, asparagus), fruit (blueberries, mango, cherries), dairy (cheese, sour cream powder), meats (seasoned chicken slices, ground beef, sausage crumbles), of course all of the staples (potatoes, beans, flour, drink mixes), all sorts of baking mixes (cookie dough, brownies, macaroon dough, cornbread). Most products have a shelf life of 25 years, then 1 year after opened.
Just add water.
And my favorite, snackies! These are so delicious!! I keep some in my car to snack on and (most of the time) prevent me from stopping by the drive-through. The coconut bites and pomegranate yogurt bites are my absolute favorite. They taste like candy. AND they are delivered straight to your home. YES.
I made another pizza to add to your weekly rotation. It’s a fajita pizza with all of the yummy toppings and the most delicious cilantro lime alfredo sauce. You even make enough to have more sauce for dipping. And have we sung the praises of pizza stones yet? Perfect, crisp crust every time. Love my Fiesta one!
I love having these pizza toppings ready to go! Just reconstitute in water and that’s it! So easy!
We are giving away a box of snackies and a couple of pantry staples. Be sure to check out our contests on Instagram and Facebook! For extra entries, leave a comment here and tell us your approach to food storage. And then dip all of the pizza in all of the sauce…
- 1 T yeast
- 1 T sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 T oil
- 2+ cups flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- chicken slices, cooked or grilled
- corn, cooked
- bell peppers, softened or grilled
- onions, softened or grilled
- 8 oz monterrey jack cheese (or mozzarella)
- tomato, chopped
- avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven with pizza stone (or regular pan) in oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pizza dough by mixing yeast, sugar, and warm water in mixing bowl. Let proof 5 minutes, or until bubbly. Add remaining ingredients in order, leaving salt for last. Continue to add flour 1/2 c at a time until dough wipes the bowl clean. Knead 7 minutes. Cover with towel and let rest.
- Prepare sauce by melting butter, whipping cream, and parmesan cheese over medium heat in saucepan, stirring occasionally. Just as it begins to simmer, add remaining ingredients. Let simmer over medium-low heat until it has thickened a bit, stirring occasionally.
- Roll pizza dough out on flour-dusted counter to about 1/4" thick. Sprinkle pizza stone with cornmeal, then carefully transfer pizza dough over to hot pizza stone. You can let the dough drape over the rolling pin to help keep the transfer smooth. Roll the edges up and over itself to create a crust. Prick the dough with fork all over the surface of the pizza dough. The dough should already begin to bake and harden on the bottom due to the the hot pizza stone. If not, place in hot oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread cilantro lime alfredo suce over pizza dough (not a thick layer, you don't want your pizza soggy. Reserve about 1 cup), then layer some cheese, all toppings except avocado and tomato, then more cheese. Return to oven to bake until crust is lightly browned and bottom of pizza is crisp.
- Remove from oven and top with tomato and avocado, serve alongside reserved cilantro lime alfredo sauce.