It’s a hot and sweaty summer! We’re cooling off in every way possible, beach, pool cold treats you name it. One of my favorite treats is a coke icee. I also really love a drink called “dirty coke” or “dirty diet coke.” So when we mix the two of those and get a dirty coke icee its kinda incredible. It’ll take plain ol’ coke to a whole new level!
What is a Dirty Diet Coke? (or Dirty Coke)
A Dirty Coke, or Dirty Diet Coke is a mixture of coconut + lime. Seriously, it is the most heavenly combination! I especially love to have a girls night and serve it for my friends. Book club, bachelorette nights, even game nights where the husbands watch and the girls chat. Serve with some chips and salsa and you’ve got a memorable night!
To turn it from a sweet amazing dirty coke icee into a cool refreshing summer treat I used my KitchenAid Ice Cream maker! This machine is PERFECT! Freeze the bowl, hook it up to the KitchenAid and let the kitchenaid do all the work. What’s even better about the icee is you are using an already made drink.
Unlike ice cream you have to make your concoction first. This coke icee you simply poor in the coke. Add the Coconut Syrup and fresh lime juice!
This also turned into a really fun experiment with my kids. We weren’t sure if it would work, and when it did start to freeze, (and later also melt) we were able to have discussions on how the freezing process works. Also how sugar/syrups freeze vs water. My kids were able to make the whole recipe for the dirty coke icee from start to finish. If you want to make a more kid friendly drink (without caffeine) we also love mixing strawberry fanta with this coconut syrup. You can use any soda to make these icees. Either way it will be such a fun activity and treat for the whole family or even just for an evening with your best girlfriends.
- 2 liters of COLD coke or diet coke
- 1-2 limes juiced
- 1/3 cup coconut syrup (we love torani brand)
- KitchenAid stand mixer and ice cream maker attachment
- Freeze ice cream bowl for at least 15 hours prior to use.
- Make sure Soda is chilled before use.
- Hook up attachments.
- On speed 2 slowly add soda until it is about an inch away from the top of the bowl.
- Add lime juice and coconut syrup. Adjust amount of lime and syrup to your personal preference.
- Let mixer stir and chill to icee form for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately!