If your the type to roast your own chicken.. this is a soup for you. Made from an entire chicken cooked in a slow-cooker or crock pot, whatever you want to call it. They add in some veggies and stock, a little tortellini, and flavor with dried spices and sundried tomatoes. It really is pretty delicious. Loaded with all the healthy stuff.
I like the 7 Cheese from Costco but this package is large, so just use half and freeze the rest.
This is a filling meal by itself no salad or bread sticks needed. My 3 year old loved it! Makes a ton, (freeze leftovers or eat it for lunch for the week, I didn’t get sick of it!)
Crockpot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3-4 carrots chopped
- Diced Sun-dried tomatoes about 1/4 c
- 2 Zucchini thinly chopped
- 1 Small package Tortellini
- handful of Spinach
- Take your chicken with innards removed. and pat dry and rub spices over skin. Place in the crockpot and add the onion, celery, and carrots. Fill about 3/4s with water and turn on low for 8 hours.
- About an hour before your ready to eat, remove chicken and add sundried tomatoes, zucchini and tortellini.
- Remove meat from the bones. Replace meat in crockpot and discard skin and bones.
- Add Spinach about 10 mins before serving. Makes a generous portion of soup. Left overs can be frozen!