In college I was always the girl that wanted to throw fun parties. Usually they were themed, but usually about every month my friends and I would host a party. We had gourmet build-your-own-pizza parties, all-white parties, Halloween parties, “dip yourselves in pink” parties, etc. We usually provided all of the food, and usually it was finger foods and dips, so I’m ALWAYS on the look out for some good party foods. This hot artichoke dip has always been one of my favorites.
Made In Minutes
I love this because it comes together in 5 minutes and doesn’t require chopping or pre-cooking anything. THE BEST when you’re servings lots of food at the same time! Throw everything together and top with freshly-grated parmesan. Bake 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
The Best Artichoke Dip
When moving to California for my husband to go to law school I met a mom of three at a baby shower that swore she had the BEST artichoke dip and that it had been in her husbands family for years. I HAD to have it! I asked and she complied! Since then, I have made this dip more than a dozen times and it’s always the first to be gone.
Dip with your favorite dippers – I love Crunchmaster crackers. They help me stick to a gluten conscious diet. They are loaded with whole grains and seeds, and they are delicious! I’m partial to the sea salt flavor, but they have a variety to suit anyone’s taste.
- 2 14 oz. cans quartered artichokes (not marinated), drained
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded parmesean cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- more parmesan to garnish
- bread or chips or pita bread or crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop quartered artichokes in half if desired, or leave as is. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Spread in 8x8 baking dish or deep pie plate. Top with freshly-grated parmesan.
- Bake 30 minutes. Serve hot with carb of choice.