Aubrey’s fried chicken won ton post reminded me that she asked me to post my won tons a long time ago… so here you go. My version of a simple, ridiculously tasty appetizer.
- One package of cream cheese
- A couple of chopped green onions (chives would work great)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of seasoning salt
- And a shake of Johny's Garlic Spread...found at Costco
- 1. Mix ingredients till creamy smooth.
- 2.Put a spoonful in the center of a wonton fold won ton in a triangle, or into any other fancy shape you want and seal with water.
- 3.Pour veg oil in a pan deep enough that it goes up over the sides of the won ton- but it doesn't need to completely cover it.
- 4.Heat oil till a drop of water makes it crack.
- 5.Fry up wontons only a minute on each side...till golden brown
Goes great with your favorite asian inspired dish.