Last year my mother in law told me about this tasty little appetizer. So when we hosted a Christmas party I whipped it up and it was completely gone by the end of the night. It was so simple and so tasty, that I had to make it again this year when we attended an ugly sweater party. I got so many compliments and questions on this easy dish that I decided to share it here with you guys.
This dip is warm and melty with a burst of flavor. You can serve it with crackers or chips.
And the best part? Four ingredients and 15 minutes in the oven. You can’t get much easier than that for a holiday dish! This is perfect for your Christmas party – I love the red and green combo. But really – this appetizer is good all year round. You can’t beat the classic flavors of tomato and pesto.
I hope this dish shows up at your house on Christmas Eve!
- 1 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese
- 7 ounces of Pesto
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small baking dish, spread cream cheese in the bottom.
- Top with pesto and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top of the pesto.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until shredded cheese is melted.
- Serve with crackers or chips.