We LOVE these truffles. We make them just to eat like this, not even covering them with chocolate. Who doesn’t love cookie dough, seriously. But when made like this it tastes just as good as the real deal, with no raw egg.
This recipe makes a lot of truffles, on a few occasions I have made them with a group of ladies and we all take home our own plateful….especially around valentines day.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate morsels
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 pounds chocolate bark candy coating, melted or 2-3 Baker's Heat and Dip Dipping chocolate in microwavable bowl
- In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour and add milk
- Add chocolate morsels and pecans, still mixing
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on waxed paper; chill 2 hours.
- Since the dough is sticky, roll your fingers into flour. This will make it easier to roll.
- Melt chocolate bark candy coating in a double boiler, or melt in microwave the bowl of bark.
- Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover, but if you are like me I like more cookie dough than chocolate to I just like to drizzle the bark over.
- Place on waxed paper and chill to set.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.