First off! Congrats to Stephanie W. and Natalie M. for winning our Resqueeze giveaway! If you haven’t already checked out Resqueeze go do it now! A smart and eco-friendly idea for encouraging healthy eating in kids. Congrats girls! and as for the rest of you… Hope you all had a nice a relaxing weekend! I know we have been busy prepping for our So Cal Meet and Greet tonight! We are looking forward to meet some blog buddies and shop owners we have admired for along time. We will be posting about the evening on Instagram so be sure to follow along!
Now for the goods… this recipe was shared with my by one of dear friends who is quite the foodie. My girl friend Laurel is always baking goodies and bringing them over to my house. (Everyone needs a friend like her!) She brought these cookie bars to our book club night and I was in love.
They are the perfect treat for those I want a sweet treat but not too rich or heavy moments. The baked thin cookie crust on the bottom topped with good quality chocolate and a few salty crushed pecans is really heavenly. I asked if I could shared the recipe here on Oh So and she was more than willing. You guys are lucky to be getting one of Laurel’s recipes… no really. She is the best. I keep begging her to join Oh So but she is content to share with me and me with you!
These cookie bars are really not to difficult and a nice change to the traditional cookie. Give them and try and let us know what you think!
- 1 C Butter
- 1 C Brown sugar
- 1 Egg, separated
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 C Flour
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 Deg F.
- Cream butter and then at the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spread dough on a greased cookie sheet about 1/4 inch thick. May not reach the edged of the pan, just for a rectangle.
- Brush the remaining egg white on the top of the dough, until lightly coated. (You don't need to use all of the egg)
- Bake until the edges are lightly beginning to brown about 8-10 minutes- but watch closely.
- Immediately after removing from oven sprinkle with chocolate chips and let them sit and melt. Then spread the chocolate around and top with crushed pecans.
- Allow chocolate to cool and harden before cutting and serving.