I really haven’t ever met a soul who does not love a good bowl of guacamole!? (not that they don’t exist!) I have a secret ingredient to my own recipe that always has friends asking for the recipe! Wanna know what it is? I’ll tell ya, just not yet.
It seems there are two types of guacamole people out there. Smooth guac and Chunky guac people. I like mine somewhere in-between but love both! and will eat both! however, depending on who I am serving the guacamole to will depend on how smooth or chunky make it. If you’re looking for a smooth amazing guacamole recipe try Kadee’s family’s tried and true recipe- Bob’s Guacamole.
I start by adding everything except the avocados to a blender. Pulse these guys till they reach your desired consistency. You’ll want them pretty small, large chunks of onion or jalapeño are not usually welcomed by those you are serving.
I personally like to scoop out the avocados from their skin and smash them on a flat surface (like a plate) with a fork. Toss them in a bowl with the remaining ingredients!
The Secret Ingredient for really bomb guacamole
Ready for the secret ingredient? Its LEMON! You still add lime but also add the juice of the lemon. It adds extra dimension to your guacamole. Lemon and lime are perfect combination! Adding the lemon is subtle difference that yet puts the guac over the top! Salt, pepper and a dash of garlic salt and your done! Easiest recipe in the world and takes only 5 minutes. And try this quick, DELICIOUS Fresh Salsa to go with it.
- 4 medium-large avocados
- 1/2 cup tomato (about the size of 1 roma, or half of a large tomato)
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/4 onion (love purple onion, but any onion will do)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- dash of garlic salt
- 1+ tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- In a blender add tomato, Jalapeño, onion, juice of half lemon and lime, cilantro. Pulse until it is blended to the desired consistency.
- In a separate bowl peel avocado and smash up. Add contents of blender and stir well. Add salt and pepper until desired taste.