Let’s be honest here, apples are boring. I mean really, who wakes up in the morning and says, “Self, let’s go big today. Let’s get an apple.”
I’m about to change that.My favorite used to be apples with a side of peanut butter or slices of sharp cheddar. Mmm. Still good.But this has taken place as my new current favorite. Cinnamon Honey Cashew Butter. Probably 3 minutes start to finish. Process some cashews until soft, add some coconut oil, a little salt, some cinnamon, and creamed honey. Instant rich, flavorful, creamy, healthy dip for your old friend, apple.
Can we talk about the health benefits here?! Cashews, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, it just doesn’t stop. I can’t handle it.
- 1 c cashews
- 1/4 c creamed (or regular) honey
- 1 1/2 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- Place cashews in blender (preferably smaller twister jar) and blend until cashews are finely ground.
- Slowly pour melted oil into ground cashews while motor is running.
- Take lid off and add remaining ingredients, run until well-blended.
- Serve with sliced apples or pears, atop toast, as an addition to oatmeal, etc.
This really is excellent with pear wedges, too. It would be a great add-in for oatmeal, or yummy atop toast.