If you want a meal that literally takes minutes to whip up – this is your dish!
It’s even a great lunch! So fast and easy.
Chicken and Pasta with Peanut Sauce
- 6 ounces linguine
- 1 cups snow peas
- 1 cup cooked chicken strips (I like to use part of a rotisserie chicken, or season breasts that I have grilled beforehand)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh pineapple or one 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place the snow peas and chicken in a large colander. Pour hot cooking liquid from pasta over pea pods and chicken in colander; drain well.
- Return pasta, pea pods, and chicken to the hot pan. Add pineapple.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan stir chicken broth into peanut butter.
- Heat and stir with a whisk until peanut butter melts. Stir in soy sauce, lime juice, red pepper, and garlic; heat through.
- Add sauce to the pasta mixture. Gently stir to coat pasta with sauce. Makes 4 servings.