A few years back my husband and I were having dinner at a friends Tommy & Sarah’s house. She whipped up these yummy cornbread muffins and ever since I’ve been hooked!
She told me that she loved them and served them all the time with dinner. This is a semi-homemade recipe because it uses the Jiffy Mix as the base.
The muffins are moist and flavorful, and the recipe is so easy! There are perfect alongside any dinner, but pair perfectly with chili!
Try them with a little butter on a warm one…or maybe a drizzle of honey? This is my favorite way to eat them. So good!
Might as well make some of this with it..
Cheesy Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pkg (8.5 ox each) corn muffin mix like Jiffy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners - recipe makes 24 muffins.
- Combine milk, cottage cheese, and eggs in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer - blend on medium speed for one to 2 minutes until combined.
- Stir in muffin mix, but don't over mix. Stir in cheese.
- Using an ice cream scoop fill the muffin tins with about 1/4 cup of the mixture. By using an ice cream scoop you will be sure to make all of your muffins the same size.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until center springs back. Cool on a wire rack.
- Can be served warm out of the oven (my fav) or room temperature. Store in an airtight container.