I’ve had this idea running thru my head for a while now – the idea of featuring all of our recipes that can be made in a 9×13 baking dish. Everyone has one, and the recipes you can whip up in this common pan are numerous. So this week we’ll be featuring some new 9×13 recipes as well as reminding you of all of our previous 9×13 recipes.
This post wouldn’t be complete without mentioning our favorite 9×13 pan. The Fiesta rectangle baker. I truly truly love this pan. It always washes up nice and has resisted chips like a charm. It bakes my food evenly – and the presentation is nice! If you haven’t checked out Fiesta yet, do yourself a favor and take a look at all of the amazing products they have.
Lately I have been seeing tons of those ham and cheese sandwich recipes – the ones made with the hawaiian rolls. They look super yummy. So my idea for this recipe started there. I decided that instead of ham and cheese I would go for a flavor combo that I personally love. Buffalo and blue cheese.
I started with store bough dinner rolls that I sliced in half. I then added some rotisserie chicken with some franks hot sauce, some mozzarella cheese, and some blue cheese crumbles.
As a finishing touch I added a garlic butter sauce and some chives. I popped these in the over for about 15 minutes and we had melty, buttery, buffalo chicken sliders for a saturday lunch. These would be perfect for game day or for a party. They came together quick and we soon tasty.
I love making meals like this in the fall. Warm soups and sandwiches are seriously my favorite. I also adore curling up on the couch in my comfy clothes with a blanket and a movie. What are some of your favorite fall activities?
I can’t talk about fall without mentioning this comfy cozy sweater that I got from Fresh Market Threads. My friend Megan, who happens to be my most favorite hair stylist ever, is the curator of this online clothing store. I mourn her magic hands every time I have my hair done by someone else – I moved away from SoCal a few years ago and while I’d love to fly back every 6 weeks for a hair sash, but budget doesn’t agree. I’m still trying to convince Megan to fly up to Seattle just to do my hair. ;) Megan has the cutest style and is always fashionable and fresh. I hope you’ll check Fresh Market Threads out – I adore the style of the clothes and I also adore the prices of the clothes!
Shop the post:
- 12 dinner rolls, sliced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 1/3 cup franks hot sauce
- 12 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cub crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Johnny's garlic spread
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken and hot sauce. Toss to coat.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray. Start assembling sandwiches by layering about 1/8 cup of chicken mixtures, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese crumbles, and sandwich top.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Drizzle butter over the prepared sandwiches.
- Sprinkle with johnny's garlic spread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.