For how much we love tacos around here – you gotta believe we are eating them for breakfast! This recipe was inspired by a dish I used to order at a local restaurant in Long Beach, CA called Hof’s Hut. I always loved those yummy tacos for breakfast! I have such fond memories of dining there with my dear friend. That’s what food is all about right? The memories and the meaning.
These tacos combine chicken, eggs, cheese, and a chipotle cream sauce for a burst of flavor! Rocking Santoku Knife by Zwilling. Prep all your ingredients and let the fam assemble their own. This dish is fast and easy and perfect for a fun Saturday breakfast!
Serve with a side of fruit and of course salsa or hot sauce and you’ll have smiles all around!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground chipotle
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- juice from one lime
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Hot Sauce
- Lime Wedges
- Sliced Green Onions
- Combine all spices and evenly sprinkle over chicken breasts.
- Grill chicken either on an indoor or outdoor grill until juices run clear.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Dice chicken
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray with non stick spray.
- Cook eggs over medium heat scraping with a spatula constantly until fluffy.
- In a blender combine lime juice, sour cream, and chipotle pepper.
- Blend until smooth
- Warm corn tortillas in a damp paper towel in the microwave for about 60 seconds.
- Assemble tacos in a corn tortilla by layering chicken, eggs, cheese, cream sauce and avocado.
- Garnish as desired.