This is my Grandma Doxey’s Recipe for Beef Stroganoff. She makes it so great…like grandmas do. And like grandmas do, they tend to not have precise measurements…so I did my best to make precise measurements to help ya’ll out. But if you think you need to add a little more of this or that…please do!
When you shred the meat it tends to not be as “saucy” but when the meat is bit size pieces the stroganoff is more of a gravy.
- nice steak or stew meat...maybe a 1 lb or 2 (leftover beef roast or any kind of beef is PERFECT for this recipe too!)
- olive oil
- 1 can beef consume
- 1/2 can beef broth
- 1 small/med onion
- 1-2 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar (secret ingredient)
- 3/4-1 cup sour cream
- one 16oz bag country pasta
- Start water boiling for noodles!
- Chop onions and cut up raw steak into bite size pieces.
- Dust with flour and let sit for a few minutes.
- Heat up a couple of TBS of EVOO. Salt and brown the onions and beef. Just till the onions are translucent. Beef doesn't need to be cooked through.
- Add Beef Consume, broth, and red wine vinegar and let simmer while noodles are cooking.
- Right before serving add sour cream. Sometimes I mix the sauce with the noodles...other days I just add to the top