Our family loves Mexican food, and are always trying different ways to eat it. These Bean Quesadillas are hearty and full of flavor. My husband asks for them often! And they are super easy if you have a busy night and don’t have a ton of time. Also if you have leftover mixture put it over cheesy nachos later in the week! I love a multi functional dish :)
Try dipping them in this amazing creamy chipotle sauce
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can 15 oz. can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 a 10 oz. package of frozen corn
- 12 12 in. flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion and garlic until soft. Mix in beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, and corn; cook until heated through.
- Spread 6 tortillas with equal amounts of the bean and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with equal amounts of the Cheddar cheese, and top with the remaining tortillas to form quesadillas.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place quesadillas in the skillet and cook, turning once, until cheese is melted and both sides are lightly browned.
- Toppings: sour cream, salsa and avocado