I recently ordered this salad at Goodfella’s during a busy day at work. Spinach, bruschetta, grilled zucchini and chicken, capers, parm, and, wait for it……pasta!
My co-worker and I shared it and after we both commented on how much we loved the penne in the salad! Salad? Good. Carbs? Even better.
I went to Walmart and picked up a box of La Moderna penne. This stuff is golden, find it here!. It’s a high-protein pasta, held together nicely after the perfect al-dente cook, has a delicious taste, and was the perfect compliment to my healthy pasta salad.
I loved the grilled zucchini, salty capers and parmesan, creamy avocados, and spicy grilled chicken. For the perfect easy dinner, grab some balsamic dressing to toss all over it. It all came together so quickly and was great for a weekday dinner. I’ve been legitimately surprised how my kids have taken to lettuce! I assumed they’d totally hate it, but I’ve recently started putting our salads deconstructed on their plates and they love it!
Pasta with your salad. Try it.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® & La Moderna but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #MyExceptionalPasta #GoldenHarvest http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
- 1 box La Moderna penne pasta
- 10 oz. bag spinach
- 4 campari tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 c capers
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/3" thick slices
- balsamic dressing
- 2 chicken breasts
- canola oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Cook 8 oz. La Moderna pasta al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, do not rinse, and let rest.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Rub chicken breasts with oil, sprinkle all seasonings on both sides. Grill 10 minutes each side.
- Rub sliced zucchini slices with seasonings and oil, grill 3 minutes each side.
- Slice avocado and tomato.
- Toss spinach with parmesan, dressing, and pasta. Top with avocado, grilled zucchini, tomato, grilled chicken, capers, and freshly-cracked pepper.