Anyone else here a fan of Jim Gaffigan?…
“What makes breakfast in bed so special is your are laying down eating BACON. The most wonderful thing on earth.
Bacon is the best. Even the frying of bacon sounds like applause…ahhhhhh
Do you want to know how good bacon is? To improve other foods, they wrap it in bacon.
If it weren’t for bacon, we wouldn’t know what a waterchesnut is!
..and those bits of bacon are like fairy dust. You don’t want that baked potato? prrring! now it is your favorite part of the meal.
Not interested in that salad?
Bibbidi bobbidi bacon!
The only problem with bacon is that it makes you thirsty for…..MORE BACON. ”
Thanks Jim.. and with that, we have a bacon dish. Ahhh. Bacon.
Spontaneously the hubs invited some mensfolk over for dinner. I had no idea what to make. I had most the makings for chicken cordon bleu- which was on my dinner menu. But a little ham ate all my ham. SOOoo staring into the deep dark depths of my fridge I saw it. BACON. And it turned out awesome. All the mensfolk died and went to heaven right there on my kitchen table.
Well they are mens. and it was bacon….
and it was this easy….
(This recipe is a spin off of superhotstephs cordon bleu recipe-already on this site. check it)
Take chicken breasts and slice in half long-ways (so it makes 2 long skinny flat chicken breast….looks like a butterfly)
place pre-cooked bacon (break in half if needed)
and slice of swiss cheese.
roll and toothpick
dredge in butter
cover in bread crumbs.
place in baking dish.
(If you take after Paula, which I do, pour remainder of butter on rolled chicken…yumm)
Bake 350 for 40-50 minutes
After..steaming hot bacon, ooey gooey melted cheese. and juicy chicken.
- (Bacon Cordon Bleu)
- 4-6 chicken breast thawed
- 10-15 pieces of pre-cooked bacon - located in the deli meat section in your grocery store
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup-ish seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 package -12 slices, swiss cheese
- (Bacon Cordon Bleu Sauce)
- 2 T butter
- 1 tsp instant chicken bullion
- 1/4 cup or the rest of your sliced swiss from the package swiss cheese but into small pieces
- 3T whipped cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 T flour
Instructions For Chicken
1. Take chicken breasts and slice in half long-ways (so it makes 2 long skinny flat chicken breast....looks like a butterfly)
2. place pre-cooked bacon (break in half if needed) and slice of swiss cheese. roll and toothpick dredge in butter cover in bread crumbs. place in baking dish. (If you take after Paula, which I do, pour remainder of butter on rolled chicken...yumm)
3. Bake 350 for 40-50 minutes
Instructions For Sauce
1. Melt butter on med heat, and stir in flour. Let mixture bubble for a minute, then add bullion.
2. Slowly add milk. Add remaining ingredients, wisk until smooth. Drizzle over chicken.