We went to law school in Moscow. Moscow Idaho. not “Moss-cow” but moss-coe idaho. (Don’t get it wrong up there or they’ll start calling you a cow and all sorts of nonsense) It’s a teeny tiny hippy town. Held together by an engineering company and the college, right on the Washington/Idaho border. It’s also the best town ever. I dreaded moving there- living in a town there are very little options for any kind of shopping or activities or eating, and yet, when it came time to leave I was beyond sad. I LOVED the people, everyone was so kind. I LOVED the rolling hills. I loved being able to get where I was going in under 5 minutes, and unexpectedly I LOVED not having all the shopping options. You learn to live on less and live happier. I just loved it.
- 16 oz farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup thawed peas
- 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (packed in oil) *optional
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1T pepper
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 lb bacon (previously cooked and crumbled) **must be real, fresh cooked bacon. not "bacon bits or real bacon"
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 120z lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice
- In Crock Pot cook chicken in marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices and allow to cool, shred. Set aside.
- One half hour before serving, boil pasta according to package directions.
- In a small sauce pan melt better, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper cheese and bacon.
- Wisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl pour sauce over cooked drained pasta. Add chicken, stir through. Sprinkle with a little bit more cheese for presentation on top.
PRESSURE COOKER: Cook chicken in pressure cooker with marinade 1 hour if frozen on meat setting with a quick release, or 10 minutes if thawed with quick release. Continue to make pasta following written instructions.