Several years back I discovered a company called Lush. Have you heard of them? They are a company that makes fresh, handmade cosmetics. Their stores smell like heaven, and you’ll be pampered once you step one foot inside. The first time I ever visited a Lush store was in Pasadena, CA. Both my husband and I got his hands exfoliated and massaged – just for stopping by. Of course my bill by the time I left the store definitely paid for that pamper session. Lush does something that is kind of unique. They have what they call Fresh Face Masks. They are kept in a refrigerator and expire pretty quickly. They contain only fresh whole ingredients that are good for your skin. The fact that they are handmade, fresh products got me thinking…you can totally re-create them at home and skip that hefty bill!
Today I want to share a homemade fresh face mask. I used ingredients you probably have sitting around in your kitchen, and ended up with soft, tight, and cleansed skin. Let me give you the rundown on the ingredients and their benefits:
Oatmeal: Oatmeal softens your skin, relieves dryness and itching. It is also extremely soothing and has anti-inflammatory properties. It also acts as a gentle exfoliant to remove dead skin cells.
Yogurt: Yogurt shrinks and tightens your pores. It also clears acne and acts as a natural anti-wrinkle cream.
Honey: Honey is antibacterial, so it will reduce blemishes and remove impurities from your skin.
Avocado: Avocado contains oils which are similar to oils found in human skin – It acts as a natural moisturizer.
Creating this soothing, moisturizing, clarifying, and anti-aging mask is so sosososo simple.
1. Add 1/3 cup oatmeal to a bowl.
2. Stir in 2 tablespoons plain yogurt.
3. Add one tablespoon honey.
4. Mash in 1/2 an avocado.
5. Spread over your face avoiding the eye area and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Use this time to scare your husband and kids.
6. Using warm water and a wash cloth rinse from your skin. I recommend doing this at the kitchen sink to avoid clogging your bathroom drain.
Here’s to affordable, natural, beautiful skin!
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 avocado
- Combine oatmeal and yogurt and stir until combined.
- Stir in honey.
- Mash in avocado.
- Spread over face, avoiding eye area.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.