Summertime and salads are kind of synonymous. There is something about eating fresh, crisp ingredients during those warm summer months that is so satisfying. This is my go-to salad combination. I’ve served it probably hundreds of times. I feel like it is the perfect combination of crisp, creamy, salty, and sweet. I’ve been eating this salad for as long as I can remember and I have yet to grow tired of it.
I combine cold crisp greens with creamy avocado slices, salty feta cheese, tangy dried cranberries, and homemade sugared almonds. To top it off I use my favorite store bough dressing – Briannas Poppy Seed. Now normally – I am not a fan of store bough dressings – homemade is so easy and so much better…but this one is pure perfection for me. If you want to go all homemade with this salad try this recipe for this dressing.
This salad can easily be turned into a meal simply by adding some sliced chicken. Or keep it vegetarian and leave out the protein. Either way it will satisfy that salad craving that summer brings.
Perfection on a plate right here.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- Mixed Greens
- 1/2 cup sugared almonds (Recipe Below)
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Brianna's Poppyseed dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauté pan and cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Toss to combine and cook until slightly bubbly.
- Transfer to a clean plate to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Layer greens, avocado, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and almonds on a plate. Top with dressing.