Before I move on to this post. Let us take a moment of silence in honor of this pan. about 2 weeks ago it was lost. Along with allllll my other “blogging” dishes, and regular ol’ dishes, and fancy dishes in an earthquake. It wasn’t the largest of earthquakes, it just happened to be horrible in my house. My area, due to a combination of geological situations got the brunt of the shaking and quaking. You can see the some of the dishes broken here, specifically…if you look by the rug you will see marshmallows annnd my sweet dish.
ok on with these babies. They are a delicious twist on mac and cheese. The first time I had them I was blown away with how good they were. I’m not always an asparagus person. Sometimes I just can’t get past the texture. However, when Kelly made these for me years ago I gobbled them down. They burned a memory in my mind. I mean, this was like 7 years ago she made these for me! I have tried to re-create them myself, but I just couldn’t remember exactly even how they were made? if they were full asparagus or halves, if it was a cheese sauce or melted cheese in the oven. So, I broke down and finally sent her a Facebook private message. They are just too good and too unique to forget about. Obviously my brain won’t let me after all these years.
First you will boil your noodles, and cook your asparagus…then cut them both in half and wrap accordingly.
Then make your cheese sauce and douse with the goodness. and bake! easy as pie. They are small enough for an appetizer or just for a side., but also filling enough to make a nice lunch. I made them to go with these pepperoncini beef sandwich. They were perfect. Originally I had planned to to do mac n cheese. But this way I snuck in a little veggie too.
now, say goodbye to the pan. cause this is the last time you’ll ever see it.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 12 slender asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Cook lasagna noodles till al dente, as instructed on package
- In a 9x13 dish place asparagus and 2 tablespoons water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high 3 minutes. (test done-ness, they may need to cook a bit longer depending on microwave)
- Drain and cool slightly
- Cut noodles in half, and asparagus in half.
- Roll 2 asparagus in each noodle half and place in 9x13 pan seam side down.
- In sauce pan over med heat, melt butter and stir in flour, whisk
- Add in milk, continue whisking and remaining ingredients.
- When cheese is melted pour over roll-ups
- Cover pan tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave high 2 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.