Bistro Bowl by Fiesta
There are a few things you need to make this salad – the first a nice romaine lettuce, chopped. The second? Crumbled Gorgonzola – so delish! You’ll also need green apples, sliced and chopped, dried cranberries, candied walnuts, and of course – the dressing!
The first 4 ingredients don’t need any additional prep, but the last two do. As far as the candied Walnuts? There is a fabulous recipe here on the blog for cinnamon pecans. I used this recipe – and the pecans were fabulous in the salad! If you want walnuts, just sub them for the pecans – it will turn out great! I’ll give you the recipe again below.
For the dressing, get out your blender – its the easiest way to whip up a yummy dressing.
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cinnamon pecans (recipe below)
- mustard vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole pecans
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saute pan and cook over medium heat until butter and sugar are melted. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.