I have had this recipe in my recipe box since I first got married. My Grandma Harding gave it to me, said it was her favorite. She said I could have “Angie’s recipe” and she said it in a way that gave me the impression that Angie is a good cook, or her cookies are dang good, so I was so lucky to have these.
Over the years I have only ever made these, haven’t even searched for a new recipe….I think its partly cause I feel proud to have Angie’s recipe, a family recipe, even though I don’t know who Angie is….. Plus the recipe is easy, and delicious- so why search for another recipe?
I usually double the batch and froze 2 cookies for each baggie for the hubs to take to school with his lunches, and dinners. I they go pretty fast :)
Angie’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cube butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2+ cups semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate (depending on your preference)
- 1. mix together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
- 2. add remaining ingredients.
- 3. put on cookie sheet. Make 8-10 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- * I made my cookies kind of thick, so they cooked for about 12 minutes.